5 August 2017

Crafty Sentiments Designs August new release week - Day 5

Good morning and a very happy Saturday to you.  I was up bright and early this morning before anyone else so I could grab my cup of coffee and chill in peace until everyone rises and I have to go to work.  It's a simple thing I know but I really do appreciate just a little quiet time with my coffee in the morning, just give me that 1/2 hour and I can cope with whatever the day throws at me!

Anyway, I'm popping in to share with you my make for Crafty Sentiments Designs Day 5 of their new digi release and I got to play with the fab 'delivery our presents'.  So when I was hopping around blogland and Pinterest a while ago I spotted a few Christmas cards with doors on and I thought how simple and elegant they looked and thought I would incorporate the two like she was delivering presents someone's house.

I can't remember where I've seen these cards as I was hopping all over the place but I'm pretty certain they used a die of some sort.  Well I don't have a die but thought it can't be that difficult to make one I'll have a go myself.  In all honesty it was easy all I did was decide on the size door I wanted and cut some rectangles and squares to represent the door and panels, inked up the edges for definition, added some foam pads for depth and voila one door made.  For the handle I just cut down a large peel off strip and added a brad.  I thought a wreath would look nice on the door so used my Martha Stewart branch punch to make a circle and added some gems and I'm really pleased with the effect.

The main focus of course is the adorable image which I resized slightly larger and coloured her up with copics.  I cut her out so I could 3d her on my card with some glue gel and I think she looks rather sweet.

Medium:  copics


It's a larger card than normal for me measuring in at 8 x 8 and quite a simple one too but I think it works.  Here's my usual close up the cute image.  She's so sweet I wonder if one of those parcels is for me full of crafty goodies!!

Copics

Skin:  E000, E11, E13, R20
Hair/Boots:  E31, E35, E37, E29
Clothes:  G07, G14, G28/YR31, YR23/R12, R14, R17, R29/E50, E53
Dog:  W0, W1, W3, W5, W7

Right I have some chores to do and I suppose I best feed the munchkins and then hopefully I may get to sneak back into my craft room.  Don't forget to hope over to the Crafty Sentiments Designs Inspiration blog where you'll be able to see some more gorgeous makes with this image.

Take care and happy crafting.
Ann-Marie 
xx







3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it, such a cute card x

Brawny x said...

Fabulous card x

Brawny x said...

This is just great. Fab card x