10 May 2014

Whimsy May Facebook Challenge - "Sparkles"



Good morning my lovelies and wishing you all a very happy Saturday peeps.  

We're having a quiet day today, my little girl was out first thing with friends and my boy has just gone to see Spiderman 2 with his mates and hubby's working so a perfect time for me to pop on here and share my take on Whimsy's May Facebook challenge for which the theme is sparkles.  

Now I can be quite a little magpie if allowed so the glitter came out immediately and I proceeded to cover both my card and myself in the stuff.  I used Whimsy's 'Garden Flower Dies' and die cut myself three flowers out of acetate.  I glued up all the leaves first and added really fine green glitter and then did the same to the actual flower heads with different colour glitters and then it was just a case of waiting for it all to dry.  Once dried I added them to three tags and they do look really pretty and sparkly.  I stamped up a sentiment from the sentiment set 'Girl Talk' by Simonne Clay and used black glitter embossing powder but I don't think it's picked it up in the piccie unfortunately.  

Glitters:  Doodlebug Design Sugar Coating
Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch


A close up of the gorgeous sparkly flowers.  Now I assure you tag number three is actually straight but my photography skills are pretty much non existent and for some reason it looks crooked, but it's not!



Challenges I would like to enter:-

Papertake Weekly  -  anything goes

Simon Says Stamp  -  Spring flowers

Right folks that's all from me today.  I might actually have a little time left to get a little crafty before everyone returns!

Enjoy your weekend.  Take care.

Ann-Marie
xxx









1 comment:

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card, love the sparkly flowers.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

luv

Debby