7 April 2012

Back to Maggies!

Hello everyone I hope you are having a wonderful weekend and Easter.  I have managed to avoid eating my weight in chocolate (for now!!) but its so tempting and I'm sure I won't be able to hold off for the whole weekend especially when I see the kiddiewinkles scoffing their faces.

Anyway, I've managed to make another card and this time I've gone back to my Maggies.  I've stepped out of my comfort zone with this one.  I don't usually do animals as I never know where to start but as soon as I saw this adorable horse I knew I had to have it.  The daft thing is I kept getting it out and then thinking "nah, I'll have a go another day!" So finally I had a go.  Not really happy with the mane or tail, or even Tilda's hair for that matter, but its something to work on.  I've used copics and prismas to colour but mainly prismas, just using the copics to lay down a base colour really.


I also thought I would have a go at not making a scene as such but adding a few grassy bits and putting the fence on.


Last piccie just shows a bit of a side view.


Papers are the gorgeous Prima 'Nature Garden' and I just love them may have to get myself another pad or two of these.  The swirl is a Cheery Lynn die, the butterflies are an old punch I've had for years and the dragonfly is a Magnolia die and I've just added some gems.

Challenges:-






Wow, I'm amazed I've actually managed to finish my post I've had it up on my computer since 10.30 this morning and everytime I tried to sit down and finish it something would crop up.

Okay thats me done I'm off now to do some more colouring in a little peace and quiet - the kiddies have gone up to bed to watch a dvd and hubby is in flicking mode on the tele and I don't know about you but that just annoys me flicking through all the blinking channels!!!!! so I've retired to my craft room.

Take care folks.  Happy crafting.

Ann-Marie
xxx 

6 comments:

Janiel/ janny said...

What a beautiful card!!! love your coloring!!
hugs and Happy Easter.....

cats whiskers said...

Love how you have created this little scene, thanks for joinings us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge this week
Hugs
Jacs xx

Carol Willis said...

I think you've done a stunning job. Really gorgeous card.
Hugs
Caz x

Sarah said...

A really pretty card!

Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge.

Sarah x

sara said...

beautiful card love these 2 images thanks so much for joining us at just magnolia this week
hugs sara x x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, love the beautiful Tilda.
luv
Debby