2 May 2016

A lil bit of Sarah Kay

Good morning my lovelies.  It's a Bank holiday today and in true bank holiday style it's cold and miserable so my plans of having all my washing outside have gone by the wayside. 

Anyway, I'm just popping in to share a card I've just managed to finish.  Whilst I was having a rummage around my stamp draws I came across a bunch of Sarah Kay stamps I haven't used in absolutely ages so picked one of my favourites to ink up.  Decided I'd do a different style card instead of my usual 6 x 6 so plumped for a front step card.  I've also seen a challenge somewhere to make your own flowers so I'd seen a while back on a blog how to make these gorgeous flowers so had a go too.  Now can't remember for the life of me what challenge it was so will have to hunt for that one out but I can remember the flowers were on Norma's fab blog here.  She has loads of inspiration on there so you should check it out.  So let me show you what how it turned out. 

Image:  Sarah Kay 'Olivia with kittens'
Medium:  copics
Papers:  First Edition 'blank canvas'
Flowers:  handmade
Dies:  Memory Box 'puffy clouds', Marianne Design Creatables fence,
Cheery Lynn 'Fanciful Flourish', Whimsy Stamps 'Corner die set'
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Ribbon and pearls from stash



My last photo shows the image close up and coloured with my copics.  It's actually a real easy image to colour so I don't know why I don't use them more often as they really are very sweet.

Copics used

Face/Body:  E000, E11, E13
Hair:  E43, E47, E49
Clothes:  BG11, BG13, BG15, BG49/R00, R000, R12, R14
Plant pot/Flowers:  E43, E47, E49/YR23, YR31/R00, R12, R14
Grass:  YG00, YG03, YG95
Handmade flowers:  R000, R00, R12, R14

Challenges:

Simon Says Stamp  -  anything goes

The Ribbon Girls  -  May 'card' challenge

Stamping Sensations  -  anything goes

Okay that's all from me today.  Got to go lovely food shopping now what a thing to have to do on a bank holiday but I suppose if I want the kiddies to have stuff for their lunch boxes next week best get my behind in gear.  Then I assure you I'm coming home and sneaking in some colouring!

Take care.
Ann-Marie
xxx














3 comments:

brenda said...

A beautiful creation Ann-Marie and those dimensional flowers look super.

It's lovely to see you at Stamping Sensation this month, many thanks for joining in.

I have some Tattered Lace candy here

B x

Caryn said...

Beautiful design, love this. Thanks for joining in at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Tracy said...

Fabulous creation,I love Sarah Kay, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x