28 August 2013

Whimsy 'Little Flower' and grab a cuppa its a long one!!!!

Good morning folks, here's wishing you a happy Wednesday from sunny Bournemouth.  We've been having some smashing weather over the school holidays it really has been lovely and although we haven't seen a return to those scorching hot days we had a few weeks ago its just been fantastic being able to get out with the kiddies and not to have to worry whether we're going to get drenched or our picnic cut short!  We even made it down the beach AGAIN yesterday that's at least five times this holiday which is unheard of!!! 
 
I even dragged hubby on a walk on Sunday.  The kiddies were raring to go but hubby was a little more dubious.  Anyway I was kind to him I picked a short route in the New Forest but still a good 2.5 mile walk.  Anyway, this walk said it was an 'easy' rating over fairly flat ground with a few slight hills.  Well the hill we came across wasn't what hubby described as 'slight' which I thought was quite amusing that was until my ankle decided to give way on the downward slope the other side and all I really recall seeing is hubby just standing there watching me bounce and roll past him down this blessed hill.  I'm sure at one point I did a roly poly which I haven't done since my school days.  I luckily come to a stop half way down with hubby a little dumbfounded at my exploits as he stood over me saying "what did you do that for?" - REALLY as if I would just intentionally throw myself down a hill!!!!!  Well I dazedly made it to my feet and with a good brush off I was absolutely fine.  How the hell I never broke anything is beyond me and all I remember thinking at the time was "is there anyone watching!"  Hubby's take on it - KARMA for making him walk it in the first place!!!!
 
Well enough of my shenanigans lets move on to things a lot more elegant than my flailing arms and legs.  Its time to share some more Whimsy goodness with you and I have a beauty today.  I have a card to show you which I have made using the delightful Elisabeth Bell stamp 'Little Flower' from Whimsy's August release and you can find her HERE in the Whimsy Store.  She has been stamped with Memento 'rich cocoa' and coloured this time using a base of copics and then prismas over to add in all the shading.  I took my colour inspiration for the gorgeous papers which are also from Whimsy and designed by Michele Roos and are called 'Hummingbird and Butterfly Garden' and can be found HERE at the Whimsy Store; all inked up around the edges and matted onto kraft cardstock.  A couple of the fab sentiments from the new 'Everyday Honeycomb' set HERE again stamped using Memento 'rich cocoa' for a softer look and dirtied up a little using Tim Holtz 'walnut stain' ink.  I added the fantastic 'dragonfly' border die HERE cut from kraft card with a few added pearls.  I SO SO love this die and can see it being used all the time. 
 
Okay enough waffle here's some piccies:-
 
Medium:  copics and prismacolor pencils
Dies:  Whimsy 'dragonfly' border, Whimsy corners, Spellbinders 'fleur de lis' ovals
pearls and ribbon from stash

 
The last piccie is the close up of the image and fab sentiments.  I love the little small one which fits perfectly in the bow.
 
Copics & Prismas list
 
Face/body:  E000, E00, E21, R20, R81
Trousers/plant pot/jug/headband:  BV23 + Black Grape
Apron/flowers:  B60 + Imperial Violet
Blouse/flowers:  R81 + Process Red
Hair/boxes:  E50 + Sienna Brown + Dark Brown
 
Challenges I would like to enter:-
 
 
Right time to love you and leave you folks.  We have a date at the hairdressers to get both kiddiewinkles looking respectable for the start of school next week.  Wow, that snuck up on me and as usual I will have the last minute dash around the shops for any uniform bits I've forgotten.  Going to be a little bit hard on the emotions this September as both of mine have a huge change ahead - my daughter is moving up to the juniors and my boy is heading to senior school. 
 
Well if you've made it to the end of my waffle I think you deserve some choccy or at least a nice cuppa and a bit of cake.  Thank you for popping in and taking the time to visit me.  Take care everyone and catch up with you soon.
 
Happy crafting!
Ann-Marie
xxx
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

Carol Willis said...

I really hope you didn't hurt yourself on your tumble, but it did make me chuckle.
Love your card, great image, beautifully coloured. LOVING that dragonfly border die, just had to go buy it.
Take care
Hugs
Caz x

Anonymous said...

All i can say is I LOVE this its so cute and beautifullymade x

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Completely beautiful!!! Love everything about your card!!! Your coloring is just phenomenal and all the gorgeous detailed elements are so perfect!!! I have to say that I am a die hoarder I LOVE the dragonfly fly on your card. I hope that you are feeling better after your little accident!! Have a great relaxing weekend.