24 April 2013

Young Love

Hi folks, I hope you are all well and having a good week.  Sorry if I haven't been around that much but we have had a busy week this week.  I mentioned a few weeks back that our son didn't get into his first preference secondary school for this September so we have gone down the appeals route.  We had an appeal hearing on Tuesday which lasted hours but the panel decided the school had a strong enough case for not accepting us (and at least 15 other children) so we have now gone to stage two which means individual hearings in front of the panel and ours is tomorrow.  I must admit I feel a little daunted and completely out of my depth to say the least.  When we had the first hearing we were all in this room together and you could see some of these parents had hired people to help them but at at least £750 upwards for this advice we couldn't afford this so we have been doing our own research but I feel like we're a step behind before we've even had our meeting.  Well come Friday afternoon we will know one way or the other!
 
Right enough of listening to my woes I'll move onto a topic far more pleasant.  He's some piccies of my latest card which has taken me days to finish.  I've used a real sweetie by Sugar Nellie called 'Young Love' and coloured them with promarkers. 
 
Image:  Sugar Nellie 'Young Love'
Medium:  Promarkers
Papers:  K & Company 'Classic K Bailey' (very old)
Flowers:  Wild Orchid Crafts
Dies:  Magnolia Doohickey
punched corners using an old Fiskars 4 corners in 1 punch

 
Okay last piccie is my usual close up of the adorable image.

Promarkers Used:
Skirt/trousers:  vanilla, oatmeal, ginger, burnt orange, burnt umber
Blouse:  ivory
Jumper:  tea green, soft green, grey green
Hair/shoes:  sandstone, umber
 
Challenges I would like to enter:-
 
 
 
 
 
Okay time for me to go its late and I would like to not have dark circles under my eyes or yawn at our appeal tomorrow so I shall bid you goodnight.  Don't think I'll be able to sleep well as my tummy is doing somersaults now just thinking about it.  I don't think we stand much chance I'm afraid as I've heard they only really get overturned on medical or legal grounds and we don't have either but I'll never forgive myself if we don't try.
 
Take care folks and I will do my best to catch up with you soon.
 
Take care,
Ann-Marie
xxx 

10 comments:

UTs Hobby Time said...

Elegant card. Love the background papers used. The image looks so cool.

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is beautiful Ann-Marie, love your image and papers - well okay I like it all
jacqui x

Sally said...

Wow gorgeous card Ann-Marie. Love the colours and the gorgeous pearl border.
Hope the appeal goes well...fingers crossed!!
Hugs Sallly xxx

Kelly Lloyd said...

Oh Ann Marie, I do hope all goes well and goes in your favor, I've got my fingers crossed for you. Take care. Xx

Gorgeous card as always
Hugs Kelly

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card ann -marie, love those colurs. Good luck for the appeal, i hope that you manage to get somewhere with it as its not fair if others who have paid for extra advice get in as i see that as cheating !

Sashika Taylor said...

Such a beautiful card! I really like how you've used the pearl trim around the edge.

Sarah J Moerman said...

Beautiful card! Such a sweet image and wonderful colors and details! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

brenda said...

Such a very pretty card Ann-Marie and just perfect for our theme this week.

Thanks so much for joining in my Passion for Flowers challenge at Allsorts.

B x

Steph said...

What beautiful papers and I love your pearl trim- stunning! Sorry for being a bit late but thanks so much for playing along with Sketch Saturday last week, hope to see you again soon x

Sarah said...

Really lovely card Ann-Marie, I love the vintage feel. I hope things went well for you on Friday.
Sarah xx :0)