23 April 2010

A Sweet Golden Oldie

Hi y'all hope you are all well, we've been having some gorgeous weather here in Bournemouth on the South Coast and apparently we have a few more days to come so fingers crossed we'll have a beautiful weekend.



Well I've had a day to myself today, both kiddies were at school and I whizzed round and did some token housework and then I settled down and did a spot of crafting. Over on the Sugar Nellie blog HERE they've been showing some older stamps and sharing a little info on how it all began for them and I've really enjoyed reading it. They are also going to give away a voucher for Funky Kits for one lucky person and all you have to do is ink up and make something with an older stamp of theirs. Well I've gone ahead and used my special little 'Daisy' stamp she was one of the first ones I ever bought from them and even with all the new releases coming out from everyone she is still one of my all time favourites. This is what I came up with.



I've used the new sketch over on The Sugar Bowl as well which is a fab one just love it and the theme is punches this time. Well I have a confession to make I was all set to use some border punches but I got carried away and forgot so I went with punched flowers and I had a go at doing that thing where you make them wet and scrunch them up, great fun I can tell you. Pop over there and have a look as you have the chance of winning the new Manga stamps which are coming out.
Well I'm beat folks its past 2 a.m. here so I'm going to love you and leave it. Hope you all have a great Friday and hopefully I'll get to pop in on you all tomorrow and see what busy bees you've all been, I so love being nosey.
Take care
Ann-Marie
xxx
Sugar Nellie - golden oldie
The Sugar Bowl - sketch challenge with added theme of Punches
Papers - Basic grey Origins
Sentiment - Papermania
Image - Sugar Nellie 'Daisy' at Funky Kits

9 comments:

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card Ann Marie, love the colours and the cute image.
luv
Debby

D K Crafts said...

Hi Ann-Marie
Lovely card. Really liked your colours and your colouring of Daisy. She really is one of the nicest images and one of my favourites too.
Donna

Mrs.B said...

Hi Anne-Marie, Thanks for the nice comments. Luv your card, papers go really well. Yes, its hard starting a blog, (think you are probably talking to no-one). Keep telling myself 'it can only get better'. Read the beginning of yours, nice to know someone else felt the same!
Luv Avril

Tammi said...

This is gorgeous, love the papers you chose, they make up some fabulous layers! I'm working on this sketch next. :) Have a nice day. ~hugs

Jodi said...

This is just so pretty and adorable! I love the papers and colors you have used!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Beth S said...

Love the colouring you've done on daisy. She is one of my fav sugar images. Wonderful colour combo.

Liza said...

This is a beautiful card, I just love this sweet Daisy image.

Liza x

Lilian said...

Very pretty card! Your handmade flower is just lovely! Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge!

Janiel/ janny said...

Very very cute!!! This is one of my favorite SN images..
hugs, Janiel